Tuesday 31 July 2012

I was honestly surprised to receive a message from the manager of Bass and Bligh within a few hours of sharing my last post on facebook, here it is:

Hi Garry,

I am Justin from Bass & Bligh in Harrogate and have just read your blog.


I would like to explain the mix up in understanding we appear to have had. Regarding the Swarovski Binoculars, it was myself you spoke to last week, i made an error in saying we have never recieved the "SV's". For some reason i had Zeiss on the brain and thought we were talking about there new binocular, i always refer to the Swarovski's as "EL's" not "SV's" This was a gunuine mistake made by myself, the annoying thing is hat we had and still do have the new 8x32 EL/SV in stock.


We are a small inderpendant business who really enjoy looking after our customers, we never intentionally set to mislead or lie to anyone of our potential/existing customers, it was very upsetting to read your opinion of the customer service you recieved from myself.


Justin

justin@bassandbligh.com


I have to say I'm not sure about the reason he gives for the mix up as I know I would have mentioned the manufacturer by name i.e  Swarovski and not the Zeiss but I guess if the shop was busy or something he may have not heard me correctly so I'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt.  And I have to say I do respect the fact he took the time to respond to my post, it appears they aren't tossers but good guys, maybe they'll give me a hefty discount if I promise to write a glowing review!

No comments: